South Island 9 Day Guided Private Tour - New Zealand
Depending on what time you fly into Christchurch I will give you a short City tour before taking you to your accommodation, including Quake City a unique multi-sensory attraction aimed at informing, New Zealanders and international tourists about the Canterbury earthquakes. As your accommodation is next to the famous Cathedral, I suggest maybe a Tram Ride - hope on and hop off which is also a good way to experience the city. Your night's accommodation will be in Christchurch.
- Today we will make our way through the Central South Island passing through the charming town of Geraldine, stopping here for a look around some of the local art and craft centres before driving on through to Fairlie and the Church of the Good Shepherd set on the stunning lake of Lake Tekapo which sits in the centre of the South Island, and the gateway to Aoraki or Mt Cook and the Southern Lakes. Lake Tekapo and Pukaki are unique for their aqua colour. This will be your night's accommodation at Lake Tekapo it is a clear night I would suggest you join an evening tour to explore the spectacular southern sky with an astronomy Guide.
Your tour today leaves Lakes Tekapo and Pukaki and we will venture on through more of this stunning lake areas of Benmore and Aviemore with a stop off at Twizel and a birds eye panoramic view of Lake Benmore from the top of the Power Station. We will then make our way through the picturesque Waitaki Valley and small villages that were thriving hydro developments and onto the township of Arrowtown with a pristine alpine lake at its doorstep and surrounded by the spectacular backdrop of the Remarkables. Your night's accommodation will be in Arrowtown.
Today I will take you into Queenstown and you will have an opportunity to have a look at this picturesque town situated on Lake Wakitipu with the stunning Remarkables Mountain Range in the distance. There are many choices of activities here and these can be discussed while on tour. Your night's accommodation will be in Arrowtown.
- Today we will make our way up through Haast Pass with so much spectacular scenery along the way to Fox Glacier and its beautiful Lake Matheson, famous for its
mirror-like reflections of Aoraki / Mount Cook and Mount Tasman/
Rarakiroa, New Zealand’s highest peaks, on a clear day. . Your night's accommodation will be in Franz Joseph.
- Today there will be time to explore the Franz Joseph with an actual walk on the Glacier if you wish or those who would prefer a scenic flight...its a great way to see the bigger picture.Your night's accommodation will be in Franz Joseph.
- Today we will make our way to Hokitika, the Greenstone capital of New Zealand . I will take you out to the stunning Hokitika Gorge with stunning coloured waters and a delightful short swing bridge walk among the rainforest. You will have time in the afternoon to explore the local greenstone (pounamu) shops and the local beach with beautiful sunsets on a clear night. Your night's accommodation will be in Hokitika.
- We will make our way up the the stunning West Coast of the South Island stopping off at Pancake Rocks (Punakaiki) and blowholes, where columns of water shoot skyward from rocks that resemble giant stacks of hotcakes. I will take you out to Cape Foulwind to see a local fur seal colony and then make our way through the Buller River and Gorge which offers a series of activities to do like walking on the Buller Gorge swing bridge or maybe take a ride on the flying fox or just enjoy a couple of short walks. We will then make our way up to Murchison for your night's accommodation.
- Today we will make our way back down to Christchurch for your night's accommodation near the Airport. On the way I will call into Hamner Hot Springs. Here you can relax and
unwind at the Springs Thermal Pools & Spa if you feel like a swim. It is an extensive thermal
complex in an alpine environment with large native gardens. The
complex offers thermal mineral, sulphur and freshwater pools. It will be then onto your accommodation or if you have a late flight out today, this is also possible.
The Total Cost For This Tour
2 Persons - NZ $4880.00 each
4 Persons - NZ $2840.00 each
This tour includes:
9 Nights 4 -5 Star accommodation with 5 breakfasts (Other accommodation self contained)