South Island 13 Day Private Guided Tour - New Zealand
- Depending on what time you fly into Christchurch I will give you a short City tour before taking you to your accommodation.
- We will start your day with
a short drive out towards Lyttleton for a Gondola Ride with stunning 360°
views from 500 metres above sea level - to the west gaze across the
sparkling cityscape of Christchurch, over the Canterbury Plains to the
high peaks of the Southern Alps. we will also visit the Transitional
Cathedral The triangular window design includes 49 panels and incorporates
images from Christchurch Cathedral's original rose window. We will
finish your day exploring the inner City of the colourful containers
now a vibrant shopping centre and Quake City
a unique multi-sensory attraction aimed at informing, New Zealanders and
international tourists about the Canterbury earthquakes. Your night's
accommodation will be in Christchurch.
- Today we will drive through the West Coast of New Zealand at explore Hokitika the Greenstone capital of New Zealand and stop off for an exhilarating treetop adventure among temperate rainforest giants. Experience life with birds high in the ancient Rimu and Kamahi tree canopy. Your night's accommodation will be in Hokitika.
- Today you will make your way down to Franz & Fox Glacier and its beautiful Lake Matheson, famous for its mirror-like reflections of Aoraki / Mount Cook and Mount Tasman/ Rarakiroa, New Zealand’s highest peaks, on a clear day. A delightful bush track walk follows the lake edge. There is also time for an actual walk on the Glacier if you wish or those who would prefer a scenic flight...its a great way to see the bigger picture.Your night's accommodation will be in Franz Joseph.
- Today we will make our way gradually down to Queenstown. We will make our way over the famous Haast Pass to Glacier country through to the township of Wanaka with a pristine alpine lake at its doorstep and surrounded by the spectacular backdrop of the South Island's Southern Alps. It will be then onto Arrowtown for your night's accommodation.
- Today there are many choices depending on what you love to do. With a smorgasbord of outdoor activities, Queenstown is the home of the ultimate adventure but there are also many mellow options available.Your night's accommodation will be in Arrowtown.
- Your tour today takes you to the the stunning Fiordland Area of Te Anau and Manapouri which are the gateway towns to the incredible and world-famous fiords at Milford Sound and Doubtful Sound. We will drive to Te Anau situated on the beautiful pristine lake and in the afternoon you will join a 2p.m. tour of the Te Anau Caves where you will
hop on a boat from the lakefront in Te Anau on a trip to the glow-worm caves. You are taken across Lake Te Anau to our amazing 12,000 year-old caves, carved out into incredible swirling shapes by the force of the river that flows through them. Your tour continues through the limestone passages on foot and by boat to find a grotto of thousands of glittering glow worms. A must experience if you like caves and glow worms.Your night's accommodation will be in Te Anau.
- Today we you will have a couple of choices a Cruise and bus trip over the Wilmot Pass to Doubtful Sound :
Your day begins in Manapouri with a cruise across the picturesque Lake Manapouri followed by a trip across New Zealand’s most expensive road over Wilmot Pass, pausing along the way to experience the dense Fiordland rainforest and view Doubtful Sound glistening far below. In Doubtful Sound you will board a purpose built catamaran for a three hour cruise. You will also have a chance to visit the Manapouri underground Power Station. This is a great day to get to know the Fiords without as many crowds.
Your other choice would be Milford Sound and there are a few different tours to choose from here. Your night's accommodation will be in Te Anau.
- Today we will make our way across to Dunedin on the East Coast of New Zealand. Along the way we will pas through the mighty Clutha River and through some picturesque villages of Lumsden and Balclutha to Dunedin for your night's accommodation
- This morning we will make our way to the Otago Peninsula and here you can visit the Royal Albatross Centre and famous Larnach Castle before returning to your accommodation in Dunedin.
- Today is your last day of touring and we will be making our way slowly up through the East Coast of New Zealand stopping off at a few different towns on the way as in Oamaru and the Moeraki Boulders which are unusually large and spherical boulders lying along a stretch of Koekohe Beach. Your night's accommodation will be in Christchurch.
The Total Cost For This Tour
2 Persons - NZ $6365.00 each
4 Persons - NZ $3652.00 each
This tour includes:
11 Nights 4-5 Star accommodation with 9 breakfasts (All other accommodation self contained)
Private flexible touring for 12 Days inclusive of Airport Transfers
Doubtful Sound Tour
Gondola Ride in Christchurch
Te Anau Glow Worm Caves
Please note that these prices are based on the peak period in New Zealand (Dec-Mch)
If you are interested in this private tour then please fill out the form below - thank you