North Island Hobbiton Private Guided Tour - New Zealand
- Fly into Auckland Airport
Depending on what time your flight arrives I will pick you up at the Airport and take you on a city tour of Auckland before taking you to your accommodation in Auckland for the night.
- We will leave Auckland to travel to the quaint village of Tirau with it's many art and craft stores to wander around and a lunch stop. There is also a delightful 4km walk through the countryside along side a river to the Blue Spring, stunning colour. It will then be on through the south of the Waikato to Arapuni Village and take a walk on the 152 metre long swingbridge that crosses the Waikato River. (If you wish) We will then make our way to Waitomo for your night's accommodation.
- Today you will join a Spellbound Tour through 2 great caves of Waitomo including a cave surrounded in Glow Worms. Afterwards we will drive to Otorohonga to the Kiwi House and and native Bird park for a close up of the National icon and join a tour to see the Kiwis being fed. We will then return to Waitomo for your night's accommodation.
- Today we will leave Waitomo to travel down one of the hidden highways of the past to Mt Egmont. This route travels through breathtaking Tangarakau Gorge, lush farmland and beautiful native bush. We will stop off at some of the early pioneered villages along the way. There is plenty of scenery along this highway. Your night's accommodation will be in the Mt Egmont NP.
you can enjoy the many varied walks on offer around Mt Taranki (Egmont)
and opportunity to really experience the surrounding areas .Your night
will be in Mt Egmont.
- Today we will make our way down through Wanganui where you can spend some time here before making our way down to Wellington City the Capital of New Zealand for your night's accommodation.
- There are a few options to do in Wellington as nearby there is the new wine district of Martinbrough to explore and also the Te Papa Museum an interactive national museum. I would also take you on a City Tour but then then there is also Wellington Cable Car which has the best views of the city and harbour. Your night's accommodation will be in Wellington.
- The next point of interest on your tour will be the Tongariro National Park where you will spend the night. After leaving Wellington we will make our way up through the Desert Road as locals call it stopping off at and a few other quaint villages along the way. Your night's accommodation will be at Mt Ruapehu .
- Today you will spend your time exploring this region with a few short or longer walks and surrounding areas. The choice will be yours as to what you would like to do this day. Your night will be spent at Mt Ruapehu again.
- Today we will make our way across to Huka Falls which is a natural attraction in New Zealand. It's quite remarkable to see the power of these falls. It will be then onto Wairakei the area of a Geothermal Power Station before making our way Rotorua for your night's accommodation.
- This morning I will take you to one of the best Geothermal areas of New Zealand to Orakei Korako where you catch a short ferry crossing to this spectacular Hidden Valley as it is called. Later that afternoon you will visit a living Maori Village of Whakarewarewa. You will enjoy traditional song & dance performances by the Te Pakira Performance Group and then afterwards lunch from a Hangi - traditional Maori way of cooking. In the afternoon you can spend at the Hot Pools should you wish. Your night's accommodation will be in Rotorua.
- Today we will travel to Matamata and if you are a fan of Middle-earth and Lord of The Rings then this tour is a must . You will join a 3 Hr Guided tour taking you to the Movie set of Hobbit town. Afterwards we will make our way up to the Coromandel Peninsula and Whitianga for your night's accommodation.
- Today you will join a a 2-3 hr cruise from Whitianga taking you through some of the splendid coastline and bays of the Coromandel Peninsula
to Cathedral Cave and Hot Water Beach. After your tour we will make our way across to Coromandel for your night's accommodation and a look at some of the local art and craft galleries.
- Before we leave Coromandel you will enjoy a short 1 Hour train journey taking you through replanted native Kauri forest and includes 2 spirals, 3 short tunnels, 5 reversing points and several large viaducts as it climbs up to the mountain-top terminus. It offers great panoramic views out over the island-studded Hauraki Gulf with the forested valley and mountains behind. We will make our way down through Thames to Auckland and a very scenic coastal drive through the fabulous Pohutakawa Trees which line the road and in December are a stunning array of Red (NZ Christmas Tree). Your night's accommodation will be in Auckland.
Your flight out
The Total Cost For This Tour :
2 Persons - NZ $8065.00 each
4 Persons - NZ $4874.00 each
14 Nights 4-5 Star accommodation with 10 breakfasts (Other accommodation self contained)
14 Days Private Flexible Touring including Airport Transfers
Kiwi House Entry & Native Bird Park
Cathedral Cave and Hot Water Beach Cruise