North Island 11 Day Tour
North Island 11 Day Tour
- Fly into Auckland Airport
Depending on what time your flight arrives I will pick you up at the Airport and take you on a city tour of Auckland before taking you to your accommodation in Auckland for the night.
- We will leave Auckland to travel to the quaint village of Tirau with it's many art and craft stores to wander around and a lunch stop. There is also a delightful 4km walk through the countryside along side a river to the Blue Spring, stunning colour. It will then be on through the south of the Waikato to Arapuni Village and take a walk on the 152 metre long swingbridge that crosses the Waikato River. We will then make our way to Waitomo for your night's accommodation.
- Today you will join a Spellbound Tour through 2 great caves of Waitomo including a cave surrounded in Glow Worms. Afterwards we will drive to Otorohonga to the Kiwi House and and native Bird park for a close up of the National icon and join a tour to see the Kiwis being fed. We will then return to Waitomo for your night's accommodation.
- Today we will leave Waitomo to travel down one of the hidden highways of the past to Mt Egmont. This route travels through breathtaking Tangarakau Gorge, lush farmland and beautiful native bush. We will stop off at some of the early pioneered villages along the way. There is plenty of scenery along this highway. Your night's accommodation will be in the Mt Egmont NP.
- Today you can enjoy the many varied walks on offer around Mt Taranki (Egmont) and opportunity to really experience the surrounding areas .Your night will be in Mt Egmont.
- Today we will make our way down through Wanganui where you can spend some time here before making our way down to Wellington City the Capital of New Zealand for your night's accommodation.
- There are a few options to do in Wellington as nearby there is the new wine district of Martinbrough to explore and also the Te Papa Museum an interactive national museum. I would also take you on a City Tour but then then there is also Wellington Cable Car which has the best views of the city and harbour. Your night's accommodation will be in Wellington.
- The next point of interest on your tour will be the Tongariro National Park where you will spend the night. After leaving Wellington we will make our way up through the Desert Road as locals call it stopping off at and a few other quaint villages along the way. Your night's accommodation will be at Mt Ruapehu .
- Today you will spend your time exploring this region with a few short or longer walks and surrounding areas. The choice will be yours as to what you would like to do this day. Your night will be spent at Mt Ruapehu again.
- Today we will make our way across to Huka Falls which is a natural attraction in New Zealand. It's quite remarkable to see the power of these falls. It will be then onto Wairakei the area of a Geothermal Power Station before making our way to Auckland via Rotorua. Your night's accommodation will be in Auckland.
- Your flight out from Auckland
The Total Cost For This Tour
2 Persons - NZ $5650.00 each
4 Persons - NZ $4555.00 each
10 Nights 4-5 Star accommodation with breakfasts
10 Days Private Flexible Touring with Airport transfers
Waitomo Caves Tour
Kiwi House Entry
Please note that these prices are taken at Peak Touring in New Zealand (Dec-Mch)