New Zealand 15 Day Tour
- Fly into Auckland Airport
Today I will take you on a short city tour around Auckland and then over the Auckland Bridge to Devonport and to Mt Victoria with great views of the City and then on to North Head with more views out to the Islands and Rangitoto the largest of the volcanic islands in the Hauraki Gulf.
There is also a short film to watch depicting the history of this area. We will then make our way over to the West of the Auckland for lunch at the Riverside Historic Hotel before making our way to Murawai with a stunning coastline and a short walk to view the Ganet Colony which is the home to thousands of Ganets who perch themselves here on the side of cliffs.
Night’s accommodation will be in Auckland.
- Your private tour today takes you to Rotorua and on the way we will call into the beautiful world award winning Hamilton Gardens which have been transformed form a Rubbish Dump into 9 differently themed gardens depicting both our native vegetation and various plants from all over the world. I would suggest lunch here before heading off for Rotorua where you can spend the remainder of the afternoon enjoying Rotorua... Maybe a swim in the hot pools...later that afternoon ...don't forget your swimmers. (If you like hots pools...the natural sulphur is very good for you ) There is also the Rotorua Museum nearby. Your night's accommodation will be in Rotorua
Today in Rotorua you will visit a living Maori Village of Whakarewarewa. You will join a tour to enjoy a traditional song & dance performance by the Te Pakira Performance Group .We will then make our way to one of the best Geothermal areas of New Zealand to Orakei Korako where you catch a short ferry crossing to this spectacular Hidden Valley as it is called. You can spend a couple of hours walking the boardwalks around the amazing mud pools and geysers.and through some lovely rain forest.
Afterwards will make our way across to Huka Falls which is a natural attraction in New Zealand and on to Wairakei where I will take you to a lookout with amazing views of the Geothermal Power Station. Your night's accommodation will be in Taupo
- Today we tour through the middle of the North island of New Zealand passing through villages with stunning views on a good day through to Mt Ruapehu and MT Tongariro . This is the heart of our skiing area of the North island and a beautiful drive. We will stop off at the Tongaririo National Trout Centre which allows you to see trout in their natural environment and also a delightful short walk to break up your journey. We will then make our way to Wellington the capital of New Zealand for your night's accommodation.
- Today is a day to yourselves .There are a few options to do in Wellington to explore and also the Te Papa Museum an interactive national museum. There is also the Wellington Cable Car which has the best views of the city and harbour. Your night's accommodation will be in Wellington.
- We leave the North Island of New Zealand to travel through the majestic Marlborough Sounds to the South Island via the Cook Strait Ferry. This in itself is a relaxing 3 Hr tour on it's on with stunning scenery of all the Anikawa Islands and rural properties scattered on the way to Picton the gateway to the South Island. Here we will continue along the Charlotte Sound Drive to your accommodation in the heart of the Marlbrough Vineyard area of Richmond.
- Today we travel through Murchison and the Buller River and Gorge through to Westport and Punakaiki (pancake rocks )and blowholes, where columns of water shoot skyward from rocks that resemble giant stacks of hotcakes. Our coastal drive with panoramic views takes you through to Hokitika the Greenstone capital of New Zealand for your night's accommodation.
- We will make our way down through the Arthurs Pass to the Central South Island and the McKenzie country to Lake Tekapo with once again stunning views and stopping off at a few charming towns along the way with local art and craft centres.One of the main stops will be in Fairlie and the Church of the Good Shepherd set on the stunning lake of Lake Tekapo (proud to say was christened here)...had to put that in... It's actually one of the most photographed churches in the country. It will be then onto Lake Tekapo for your night's accommodation.
- Today we will leave the Southern Lakes of Lake Tekapo and Pukaki which are unique for their aqua colour and make our way through to the historic gold
mining town of Arrowtown. We will also stop off at a Salmon Farm in Twizel which maybe a good spot for lunch or just a look around. On our way we will pass over the famous Haast
Pass to the township of Wanaka with a
pristine alpine lake at its doorstep and surrounded by the spectacular
backdrop of the South Island's Southern Alps. Your night's accommodation will be in Arrowtown situated on the beautiful Arrow River.
- Today we will make our way down to Queenstown situation on the beautiful Lake Wakatipu. Here you will join a 3-4 hours cruise on the majestic Paddle Steamer TSS Earnslaw up through Lake Wakatipu to visit Walter Peak High Country Farm for a guided farm visit & barbecue lunch. After your cruise you will have time to stroll around Queenstown the hub of adventure in New Zealand . Your night's accommodation will be in Arrowtown.
- Your tour today takes you to the the stunning Fiordland Area of Te Anau and Manapouri which are the gateway towns to the incredible and world-famous fiords at Milford Sound and Doubtful Sound. We will drive to Te Anau situated on the beautiful pristine lake and in the afternoon you will join a 2p.m. tour of the Te Anau Caves where you will
hop on a boat from the lakefront in Te Anau on a trip to the glow-worm caves. You are taken across Lake Te Anau to our amazing 12,000 year-old caves, carved out into incredible swirling shapes by the force of the river that flows through them. Your tour continues through the limestone passages on foot and by boat to find a grotto of thousands of glittering glow worms. A must experience if you like caves and glow worms. (The alternative is just to relax and enjoy your surrounds at Te Anau). Your night's accommodation will be in Te Anau
- The best way to experience the great Fiords of New Zealand is once again by water and I have chosen Doubtful Sound for you as has a few different components to it.
Your day begins in Manapouri with a cruise across the picturesque Lake Manapouri followed by a trip across New Zealand’s most expensive road over Wilmot Pass, pausing along the way to experience the dense Fiordland rain forest and view Doubtful Sound below. In Doubtful Sound you will board a purpose built catamaran for a three hour cruise. You will also have a chance to visit the Manapouri underground Power Station. Your night's accommodation will be in Te Anau.
- We leave Te Anau and travel to Dunedin. On the way we will stop off at historic Balclutha a river town under which flows the mighty Clutha River which is the largest waterway in New Zealand. This area is renound for the early gold mining days which made this area so prosperous. We will then make our way into Dunedin and a short city tour with stunning Victorian and Edwardian architecture and the iconic Dunedin Railway Station. Your night's accommodation will be in Dunedin.
- You can't leave Dunedin without exploring the Otago Peninsula with panoramic views all the way. We will make our way out to the Royal Albatross Centre the world's only mainland breeding colony and a great Interpretation Centre. We will then make or way to Larnach Castle a house built between 1871 and 1877 for William Larnach a famous Politician and Entrepreneaur of Colonial NZ.. It has incredible views of the Otago Peninsula surrounded by beautiful Gardens . We will then make our way back to Duendin for your night's accommodation.
- Today we will make our way through the East Coast of
New Zealand to Christchurch, stopping off at the Moeraki Boulders which are unusually
large and spherical boulders lying along a stretch of Koekohe Beach. Later that afternoon I I will then take you on a short tour tour of Chrictchurch, including the Transitional Cathedral
The triangular window design includes 49 panels and incorporates images from Christchurch Cathedral's original rose window. We will then finish your day exploring the inner City of the new colourful containers now a vibrant shopping centre and just across Quake City, a unique attraction aimed at informing, New Zealanders and international tourists about the Canterbury earthquakes. Your night's accommodation will be in the heart of Christchurch.
- Day 17
- Flight Out
The Total Cost For This Tour
2 Persons - NZ $8995.00 each
4 Persons - NZ $5695.00 each
This tour includes:
16 Nights 4 -5 Star accommodation with 13 breakfasts(Other accommodation self-contained)
Private flexible touring for 16 Days including Airport Transfers
Doubtful Sound Cruise incl lunch
Lake Wakatipu Cruise at Queeenstown incl lunch
Whakarewarewa Guided Tour incl lunch
Please note all prices are based on Peak Time touring in NZ (Dec-Mch)