Kaikoura - Able Tasman NP - Hamner Springs - Christchurch
- Depending on what time you fly into Christchurch I will give you a short City tour before taking you to your accommodation.
- We will start your day with a short drive out towards Lyttleton for a Gondola Ride with stunning 360° views from 500 metres above sea level - to the west gaze across the sparkling cityscape of Christchurch, over the Canterbury Plains to the high peaks of the Southern Alps. we will also visit the Transitional Cathedral
The triangular window design includes 49 panels and incorporates images from Christchurch Cathedral's original rose window. We will then finish your day exploring the inner City of the new colourful containers now a vibrant shopping centre and just across Quake City, a unique attraction aimed at informing, New Zealanders and international tourists about the Canterbury earthquakes. Your night's accommodation will be in Christchurch.
- Today we will make our way up to Kaikoura and I suggest a whale and dolphin tour. Kaikoura coastline is a marine environment and attracts some of the most magnificent creatures with which we share our planet. Among them are Giant Sperm Whales that can grow up to 20 metres and weigh over 50 tons. These whales can be seen all year round making Kaikoura one of the most popular whale watching locations in the world. In addition to the sperm whale a number of different species of may also be seen, depending on the season, as they follow their migratory route. This is an opportunity to sight high-spirited Dusky Dolphins, the rare and endangered Hectors Dolphin, New Zealand Fur Seals and a wide variety of sea birds including the Royal Albatross. Your night's accommodation will be in Kaikoura.
- Today your tour takes you to the heart of the Marlbrough Sounds Region to the Tasman and the colourful town of Motueka with some great galleries and and shops. It is famous for its fishing, hops, kiwifruit and vineyards. On our way we will pass through the Marlborough Wine area for some tastings if you wish. Your tour then takes you into we will then make our way to the the gateway to the Tasman National Park Motueka and will be your night's accommodation.
Day 5 & 6
- There are so many beautiful options in Tasman National Park here and it would take 2 good days to absorb all it's beautiful bays and walking trails and maybe get out on the water and take up some sea Kayaking. Both night's your accommodation would be in Motueka.
- Today we will make our way down through the West Coast of NZ to Murchison and the Buller River and Gorge which offers a series of activities to do like walking on the Buller Gorge swing bridge or maybe take a ride on the flying fox or just enjoy a couple of short walks. Your tour continues to Hamner Springs for your night's accommodation. Here you can relax and unwind at the Springs Thermal Pools & Spa is an extensive thermal complex in an alpine environment with large native gardens. The complex offers thermal mineral, sulphur and freshwater pools.
- We will then make our way to Christchurch for your flight out.
The Total Cost For This Tour
2 Persons - NZ$4149.00 each
4 Persons - NZ $2549.00 each
7 Nights 4-5 Star accommodation with 3 breakfasts
8 Days Private Flexible Touring including Airport Transfers
Whale Watch Tour at Kaikoura
Gondola Ride in Christchurch
Hanmer Springs Entry
These Prices are based on the peak season in New Zealand (Dec-Mch)
If you are interested in this private 8 day tour then please fill out the form below - thank you