Coromandel Peninsula - White Island - Thermal Areas
- Fly into Auckland Airport
Depending on what time your flight arrives I will pick you up at the Airport and take you on a city tour of Auckland before taking you to your accommodation in Auckland for the night.
- Today we will make our way down through Thames and a very scenic coastal drive through the fabulous Pohutakawa Trees which line the road and in December are a stunning array of Red (NZ Christmas Tree). We will then make our way into Coromandel where you will join a short 1 Hour train journey takes you through replanted native Kauri forest and includes 2 spirals, 3 short tunnels, 5 reversing points and several large viaducts as it climbs up to the mountain-top terminus. It offers great panoramic views out over the island-studded Hauraki Gulf with the forested valley and mountains behind. Your night's accommodation will be in Coromandel.
- Today you will join a a 2-3 hr cruise from Whitianga taking you through some of the splendid coastline and bays of the Coromandel Peninsula to Cathedral Cave and Hot Water Beach. You will the rest of the day to enjoy the beautiful beach or take a ferry trip across to Cooks Beach. Your night will be in Whitianga.
- Today we will make our way down through some coastal towns to Whakatane stopping off at a few small attractions along the way. Your night's accommodation will be in Whakatane.
- Today you will join a White Island Tour crew aboard a luxury
cruiser for a 6 hour adventure to explore New Zealand’s only
active marine volcano – White Island.
Sitting 49km off the coast , this is one of the world’s most accessible live volcanoes. With the majority of the volcano sitting beneath the sea it means you are able to get directly into the crater complex – no mountain climbing required.
You are able to get up close to roaring steam vents, bubbling pits of mud, hot volcanic streams and the amazing lake of steaming acid. The vivid hues of yellow and orange resulting from the abundant sulphur on the island make it a photographer’s dream.
Your night's accommodation will be in Whakatane
- Today we will drive to Rotorua to visit a living Maori Village of Whakarewarewa. You will enjoy traditional song & dance performances by the Te Pakira Performance Group and then afterwards lunch from a Hangi - traditional Maori way of cooking. In the afternoon you can spend at the Hot Pools should you wish. Your night's accommodation will be in Rotorua.
- Your tour today will take you into one of the best Geothermal areas of New Zealand to Orakei Korako where you catch a short ferry crossing to this spectacular Hidden Valley as it is called. You will have a couple of hours to explore before making our way across to Huka Falls which is a natural attraction in New Zealand.It's quite remarkable to see the power of these falls. It will be then onto a drive through the area of a Geothermal Power Station before making our way back to Rotorua for your night's accommodation.
- Today you will travel through some alternatives roads passing through some stunning thermal land then pastoral countryside and the Hydro Villages situated on the Waikato River. We will stop off at Arapuni Village and take a walk on the 152 metre long swing bridge that crosses the Waikato River with incredible views of the Arapuni Power Station below. We will then make our way to Waitomo for your night's accommodation.
- Today you will join a Spellbound Tour through 2 great caves of Waitomo including a cave surrounded in Glow Worms. Afterwards we will drive to Otorohonga to the Kiwi House and and native Bird park for a close up of the National icon and join a tour to see the Kiwis being fed. We will then return to Waitomo for your night's accommodation.
Today we will make our way back to Auckland via the beautiful Waikato Region where you can spend some time last minute shopping or maybe your last night at the Sky Tower. Your night's accommodation in Auckland
- Your flight out from Auckland
The Total Cost For This Tour
2 Persons - NZ $7409.00 each
4 Persons - NZ $4489.00 each
11 Nights 4 -5 Star accommodation with breakfasts
12 Days Private Flexible Touring
6 HR White Island Tour with lunch
Orakei Korako Thermal Entry
Whakarewarewa Tour and Lunch