Christchurch - Lake Teakapo - Wanaka - Fox Glacier - Hamner Springs
- Depending on what time you fly into Christchurch I will give you a short City tour before taking you to your accommodation.
- We will start your day with a short drive out towards Lyttleton for a Gondola Ride with stunning 360° views from 500 metres above sea level - to the west gaze across the sparkling cityscape of Christchurch, over the Canterbury Plains to the high peaks of the Southern Alps. we will also visit the Transitional Cathedral The triangular window design includes 49 panels and incorporates images from Christchurch Cathedral's original rose window. We will then finish your day exploring the inner City of the new colourful containers now a vibrant shopping centre and then Quake City a unique multi-sensory attraction aimed at informing, New Zealanders and international tourists about the Canterbury earthquakes. Your night's accommodation will be in Christchurch
- Today we will make our way through the Central South Island passing through the charming town of Geraldine, stopping here for a look around some of the local art and craft centres before driving on through to Fairlie and the Church of the Good Shepherd set on the stunning lake of Lake Tekapo which sits in the centre of the South Island, and the gateway to Aoraki or Mt Cook and the Southern Lakes. Lake Tekapo and Pukaki are unique for their aqua colour. This will be your night's accommodation at Lake Tekapo it is a clear night I would suggest you join an evening tour to explore the spectacular southern sky with an astronomy Guide.
- Your tour today leaves Lakes Tekapo and Pukaki and we will venture on through more of this stunning lake area of Benmore and Aviemore with a stop off at Twizel and a High Country Salmon Farm before touring further into the Waitaki Valley and small villages that were thriving hydro developments and onto the township of Wanaka with a pristine alpine lake at its doorstep and surrounded by the spectacular backdrop of the South Island's Southern Alps. This will be your night's accommodation.
- Today we will make our way up through Haast Pass with so much spectacular scenery along the way to Fox Glacier and its beautiful Lake Matheson, famous for its
mirror-like reflections of Aoraki / Mount Cook and Mount Tasman/
Rarakiroa, New Zealand’s highest peaks, on a clear day. A delightful bush
track walk follows the lake edge. Your night's accommodation will be in Franz Joseph.
- Today there will be time to explore the Fox Glacier with an actual walk on the Glacier if you wish or those who would prefer a scenic flight...its a great way to see the bigger picture.Your night's accommodation will be in Franz Joseph
- Today we will leave for the Great Coast Road stretching from Greymouth to Westport for your night's accommodation. This road was recently voted one of the top 10 coastal drives in the world by Lonely Planet. We will explore Hokitika the Greenstone capital of New Zealand and stop off for an exhilarating treetop adventure among temperate rainforest giants. Experience life with birds high in the ancient Rimu and Kamahi tree canopy. We will stop off at Pancake Rocks (Punakaiki) and blowholes, where columns of water shoot skyward from rocks that resemble giant stacks of hotcakes. We will then make our way up to Westport for your night's accommodation.
- Before leaving today I will take you out to Cape Foulwind to see a local fur seal colony.We will then make our way through Murchison
and the Buller River and Gorge which offers a series of activities to do
like walking on the Buller Gorge swing bridge or maybe take a ride on
the flying fox or just enjoy a couple of short walks. It will be then onto Hamner Hot Springs for your night's accommodation. Here you can relax and
unwind at the Springs Thermal Pools & Spa is an extensive thermal
complex in an alpine environment with large native gardens. The
complex offers thermal mineral, sulphur and freshwater pools. Night in Hamner Springs
Today we will make our way through to Christchurch Airport for your flight out..
The Total Cost For This Tour
2 Persons - NZ $5667.00 each
4 Persons - NZ $2836.00 each
This tour includes:
8 Nights 4 -5 Star accommodation with 5 breakfasts (Other accommodation self contained)
Hamner Springs Entry
Gondola Chairlift in Christchurch
Please note that these prices are based on Peak Season Rates (Dec-Apr)