Bay of Islands - Coromandel Peninsula - Hot Pools - Hobbiton - Waitomo Caves
- Fly into Auckland Airport
on what time your flight arrives I will pick you up at the Airport and
take you on a city tour of Auckland before taking you to your
Today we will drive to Paihia the heart of the Bay of islands. We will stop off at various attractions along the way. The afternoon will be spent at the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, one of the most historic parts of New Zealand history. You can enjoy a guided tour and also some time strolling around these panoramic grounds with fabulous views across to the Bay of Islands. We will return to Paihia for your night's accommodation.
- Today you will join a Cruise to the Hole in The Rock on a catamaran and explore the beautiful Bay of Islands. You will see the historic Cape Brett lighthouse and pass through the majestic Hole in the Rock. You will visit Urupukapuka Island and visit the stunning shores and for those who wish to climb to the top you will be rewarded with spectacular views. I will pick you up later and take you up to Maiki Hill where famous flagstaff, cut down 4 times between 1844 and 1845 by one of the Maori Chiefs. The views from the top are also spectacular. We will then make our way eventually back to Paihia via a scenic coastal drive calling into some beautiful bays along the way. Your night's accommodation will be in Paihia.
Today we will make our way up to historic Kerikeri where in 1814 Reverend Samuel Marsden arrived in the Bay of Islands and held New Zealand's first church service.
The Stone Store and the Mission House (Kemp House) built by Marsden’s early missionaries are New Zealand’s oldest standing European buildings. It is now known as the Mission Stonehouse Store and well worth a visit. We will then make our way to Wairere Boulders the only known basalt boulder valley world-wide with huge rocks in the middle of clay country. The rocks are over 2 million years old and there are some lovely short walks to explore this very unusual region in New Zealand. We will then make our way across to Opononi on the West Coast for your night's accommodation,
- We leave Opononi to travel through Dargaville and to explore some of the magnificent Kauri Trees of the North island as in Tane Mahuta and a stop off at the Kauri Museum also along the way. We will then make our way to Warkworth for your night's accommodation.
- Today we will make our way down through Thames and a very scenic coastal drive through the fabulous Pohutakawa Trees which line the road and in December are a stunning array of Red (NZ Christmas Tree). We will then make our way into Coromandel where you will join a short 1 Hour train journey takes you through replanted native Kauri forest and includes 2 spirals, 3 short tunnels, 5 reversing points and several large viaducts as it climbs up to the mountain-top terminus. It offers great panoramic views out over the island-studded Hauraki Gulf with the forested valley and mountains behind. Your night's accommodation will be in Coromandel.
Day 7Today you will enjoy a 2-3 hr cruise from Whitianga taking you through some of the splendid coastline and bays of the Coromandel Peninsula to Cathedral Cave. In the afternoon you can spend some time at the beautiful Buffalo beach or maybe take a ferry across to Cooks Beach. Your night's accommodation will be in Whitianga.
- Today you will travel through the lush dairy country of Thames Valley to Te Aroha a favourite thermal area of the North island . Here you can indulge in the hot pools or just wander around this quaint town. Your night's accommodation will be in Te Aroha.
- Today we will travel to Matamata and if you are a fan of Middle-earth and Lord of The Rings then this tour is a must . You will join a 3 Hr Guided tour taking you to the Movie set of Hobbit town. After your tour we will then make our way across the beautiful Waikato River and countryside to Waitomo for your night's accommodation.
- Today you will join a Spellbound Tour through 2 great caves of Waitomo including a cave surrounded in Glow Worms. Afterwards we will drive to Otorohonga to the Kiwi House and and native Bird park for a close up of the National icon and join a tour to see the Kiwis being fed. We will then return to Waitomo for your night's accommodation
- Today we will make our way through some of the beautiful coastal scenery that the West of the North Island has to offer. On our way you can enjoy a short 20 minute walk to the Marokoopa Falls and call into Kawhai steeped in Maori history and famous for it's hot spring at Ocean Beach that people can experience a few hours on either side of the tide. We will then make our way up through Raglan the famous surf resort to Auckland for your night's accommodation.
Flight out from Auckland
The Total Cost For This Tour :
2 Persons - NZ $6290.00 each
4 Persons - NZ $4055.00 each
11 Nights 4 - 5 Star accommodation with 9 breakfasts (other accommodation self contained)
11 Days Private Flexible Touring including Airport Transfers
Kiwi House Entry & Native Bird Park
Hole In the Rock Cruise
Cathedral Cave and Hot Water Beach Cruise
Treaty of Waitangi Grounds
1 Hour Train Journey
These tours are based on Peak Time Tours in New Zealand (Dec-Mch)