Waitomo Caves - Huka Falls - Maori Heritage - Coromandel Peninsula
- Fly into Auckland Airport
Depending on what time your flight arrives I will pick you up at the Airport and take you on a city tour of Auckland before taking you to your accommodation in Auckland for the night.
- We will leave Auckland to travel to the quaint village of Tirau with it's many art and craft stores to wander around and a lunch stop. There is also a delightful 4km walk through the countryside along side a river to the Blue Spring, stunning colour. There is an option for a shorter walk here. It will then be on through the south of the Waikato to Arapuni Village and take a walk on the 152 metre long swingbridge that crosses the Waikato River. We will then make our way to Waitomo for your night's accommodation
- Today you will join a Spellbound Tour through 2 great caves of Waitomo including a cave surrounded in Glow Worms. Afterwards we will drive to Otorohonga to the Kiwi House and and native Bird park for a close up of the National icon and join a tour to see the Kiwis being fed. We will then return to Waitomo for your night's accommodation.
- Today you will make your way through some of the back roads to Rotorua to visit a living Maori Village of Whakarewarewa. You will join a tour to enjoy traditional song & dance performances by the Te Pakira Performance Group and then afterwards lunch from a Hangi - traditional Maori way of cooking. You will have plenty of time to explore other options in Rotorua in the afternoon. Maybe a swim in the hot pools...don't forget your swimmers.Your night's accommodation will be in Rotorua
- Today we will make our way across to Huka Falls
which is a natural attraction in New Zealand. It's quite remarkable to
see the power of these falls. It will be then onto Wairakei the
area of a Geothermal Power Station and then a visit to one of the best Geothermal areas of New Zealand to Orakei Korako where you catch a short ferry crossing to this spectacular Hidden Valley as it is called. You will have a couple of hours to explore the park. It will then be onto Rotorua for your night's accommodation
- Today we will make our way to the Coromandel Peninsula on a scenic drive to Whitianga situated on the coast of the Coromandel Peninsula. You will have the afternoon to yourselves to enjoy some time in this delightful seaside town. Your night's accommodation will be in Whitianga.
Today you will join a a 2-3 hr cruise from Whitianga taking you through some of the splendid coastline and bays of the Coromandel Peninsula to Cathedral Cave and Hot Water Beach. You will the rest of the day to enjoy the beautiful beach or take a ferry trip across to Cooks Beach. Your night will be in Whitianga.
- Today we will make our way through a scenic drive to Coromandel where you will will join a short 1 Hour train journey takes you through replanted native Kauri forest and includes 2
spirals, 3 short tunnels, 5 reversing points and several large viaducts
as it climbs up to the mountain-top terminus.
It offers great panoramic views out over the island-studded
Hauraki Gulf with the forested valley and mountains behind. Your night's accommodation will be in Coromandel.
- We will make our way down through Thames and a very scenic coastal drive through the fabulous Pohutakawa Trees which line the road and in December are a stunning array of Red (NZ Christmas Tree). You will have the afternoon in Auckland for any last minute shopping. Your night's accommodation will be in Auckland.
- Today your flight out.
The Total Cost For This Tour
2 Persons - NZ $5150.00 each
4 Persons - NZ $4300.00 each
9 Nights 4 Star accommodation with 3 breakfasts
9 Days Private Flexible Touring including Airport Transfers
Orakei Korako Entry
Whakarewarewa Maori Village incl a Hangi (lunch)
Railway Journey Coromandel
Cathedral Cave Cruise
Spellbound Waitomo Caves experience
Kiwi House Entry
These prices are taken at NZ Peak Times (Dec-Mch)